Founded in 2003, The Orange County Film Festival is designed to showcase the work of up and coming filmmakers throughout Orange County.
With over 700 people in attendance annually, OCFF has become a widely anticipated event in Southern California that has received recognition nationwide. CAE continues to support and sponsor this glamorous one night only experience that has brought students, families, and the community together to celebrate artistic excellence in filmmaking.
December 13th, 2019
All entries for the 2020 Orange County Film Festival must be submitted to the nomination committee by 3pm on Friday, December 13th, 2019.
Included with your submission must be:
a) a completed OCFF entry form for each entry submitted
b) a high quality export of each of your entries suitable for screening
- Each film submission must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- Individuals may submit more than one entry, provided each has its own entry form.
- All films submitted must be produced between November 30th, 2018 - December 13th, 2019.
- Films produced during the FilmEd Academy of the Arts Summer Workshops are not eligible for submission.
- No film may be longer than 10 minutes in length.
- Entries must be FAMILY APPROPRIATE and must not include the use graphic language, weapons, drugs, alcohol, nudity, sex, excessive violence, or material deemed to be offensive to categories of individuals based on their religion, ethnicity, race, gender, or sexuality.
- All students currently enrolled in FilmEd Academy of the Arts are eligible to submit to the Orange County Film Festival. Films produced by alumni while in the program are eligible for submission.
- Entries may not be published online until after the festival date. Any entries that are found online, after nomination, will be disqualified.
The number of films submitted continues to grow every year. Last year, students submitted more than 300 films.
The nominated films are announced every year at The 24 screening. Check back for exact dates near the end of the year.
There is no limit to the number of films a student may submit. Each school may only submit one broadcast and 24 Hour entry.
Orange County Film Festival does not claim ownership over any submitted films, but reserves the right to use submitted films for training and/or marketing purposes.
December 1st, 2017 at 3pm
Awards will be handed out in the following categories:
February 14 & 15th 2019
The 16th Annual Orange County Film Festival is proud to recognize talented young filmmakers in an unforgettable two night event.
Come walk on the red carpet and see who takes home the awards for this year's one of a kind awards show.
Come watch all the films nominated in the 2020 Festival! Casual dress. Grab your friends and bucket of pop corn and enjoy!
There are a variety of lodging options in the area for attendees from out of town. Check with your travel broker to see the available amenities.